Saturday, 8 February 2014

Week 5: Assignment 1

This week, I started Assignment 1. I had to go over the assignment handout a few times, before I began to comprehend it. I know that the story at the beginning is supposed to make A1 seem like more fun, but it ended up just confusing me. So far, I am finding the assignment fair. I am done TOAHModel.py and am going to start ConsoleController.py tomorrow. Steps 1-4 did not take me a lot of time. However, I was stuck for quite a bit on the top_cheese function. After some investigating, I realized that the error lay in my __init__method, which I promptly fixed.

I know that the next part of A2 is more challenging as we have to use more advanced topics such as recursion. I am still not entirely sure if I understand recursion. Sometimes, I feel extremely confident in my ability to use recursion, whereas at other times, I feel completely lost. Furthermore, We went over the Tower of Hanoi recursive code in class today. It's interesting how recursion can provide the fastest way to complete the game. However, I do not think I followed entirely in class and I plan on going over the code tomorrow, as it is apparently useful in the second part of the assignment. I will delve into more detail about recursion in week 7, when it is the assigned SLOG topic, and hopefully, I will have a better grasp on it by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment